Saturday, August 20, 2011

Full on Bike

This morning Angie and I met at T1 with our bikes and set out to bike the entire bike portion of the race course starting at 5:40. We had a rough start with some tippsys - yes I did fall over at the light at the top of Kaleiopapa. I was going to hit the crosswalk button without getting off my bike and then a car appeared and tried to get off the bike and leaned the wrong way! Oh well....

Kam III was not too bad and Ang smoked it! I finally caught up to her at Makala because she had hit red lights. Thank goodness I hit them all green or I wouldn't have seen her until the turn around. The ride out to OTEC is fast, but not easy and then the wind blows in your face on the return. Once we got back to town the ride on Alii was good and all of a sudden we only had a mile left! Took up 92 minutes on Angie's clock - it stops when she stops - so I'm hoping it is close to what my real time without stopping would have been. My goal is to ride it on race day in 90 minutes.

Oh, Angie found her big chain ring today and so I'm not going to be surprised if she rides it in 75 minutes next week!

8 days and counting - this was the last big training day. Every workout next week will be pretty easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment