Thursday, August 18, 2011

Run and Swim

Tonight after work I ran Wailua road - it's been on my list to do before the race and today was really my last chance to try to run it all before I need to start more heavily tapering for the race.
After 5 minutes I could tell that my heal was starting to have issue with my sock/shoe combo )-: I pulled my sock up and it seemed to make it worse. I ran until every step all I could think about was my heal and decided I should turn around. I made it 2.6 miles up the road/trail - so back to the car was a full 5.2 in about 48 1/2 minutes. 9 minute 18 second miles - not bad with a 550 foot total elevation gain!

I quickly chatted with my mom and hoped in the car to meet Aaron and Autumn at the pool. I swam for 35 minutes without stopping - so about a mile. Felt good - but I'm super ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment