Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bike and Swim
June 12th: biked 21.5 with a friend over the Horsetooth Dams - about 5 good climbs - one being a class 5 road. The ride was good to climb, have my butt in the saddle and peddle over a longer distance. Felt really good and my recovery after the hills was good.

June 13th: AM swim - went to the senior center at 6am - not a good time to be there - too busy for the small facility. Got 15 minutes of crawl and kick board in and then another 300 yards of a faster pace crawl that felt really good. The lady I shared the lane with did 2 laps while I did 3. So that feels good. The more I swim the more comfortable it gets and the longer I can crawl - I'm now hoping to do at least 1/2 the race in the crawl!

June 15th: Run in Glenwood

Hit the road and felt pretty good! The first 17:30 felt really good and then the next 9 minutes was a push (and most of the climbing) and then the last 9 were good again. HR at about 155-160 until I hit a hill at 1.8 and then it hung out at more like 165-170 until I finished.

Total was 3.7 miles in 35:41, a 9 min 38 sec miles pace

Felt like I was going a bit faster, but at least if felt sustainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment