Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Swam a Mile

Yesterday Autumn and I played with friends at the community center and then I took her home for a nap while I went back and swam. (a great perk of having a work from home daddy)

I took 5 pennies this time, a suggestion of my husband. It worked great to keep track of my laps on a kick board at the edge. I warmed up practicing breathing with the kick board and then swam the full 32 laps to make a mile. It took me about 39 minutes - I had to fix my goggles once and lost a few seconds each time shifting pennies. (that and I suck at turning). So all in all, I'm still hoping to do the .9 on race day in less than 35 minutes. I think I did about 60-70% in freestyle and the rest in breast stroke. I need to keep watching you tube videos and practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment